Sunday, October 30, 2011

Breaking Free

This work is dedicated to all suffering addicts and alcoholics...


THIS ADDICTION
has power over me no more.

It has power only over those
who believe in
the lie.

This addiction has lied to me,
my family, and my friends,
right from the very beginning.

It has nearly destroyed me.

It has harmed those
whom I hold dear to my heart
who hold me dear to theirs.

Therefore, I no longer believe in
the lie.
I can neither trust nor tolerate it:

I cast it away from myself!

The first choice is the wrong choice.

All the choices after that
is the choice of the addiction.

Therefore ---

The next choice I must make
is the one choice I must take
toward the road to freedom.

All the choices after this
are steps that take me there,
far away from here,
far away from the addiction,
far away from
the lie
that sought to extinguish
my promise and my life.

The road exists even should I fall
because the road exists for me.

The road exists so long as I believe
that time will take me there
and truth will set me free.

So help me God,
So help me God.
---<--@


Saint Maximilian Kolbe, Patron Saint of the Suffering Addict and Refuge of the Recovering Addict, pray for us who have recourse to thee!