Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Salutation #53


(A Dream of Daybreak)

O my Philippines,
if I could take my dream of you
and make it come true today, I will...

Day by day
- I gaze at you -
like a slow but sure awakening dawn.

You were never that easy.
You were never that cheap.

Your vision, O Pearl of the Orient,
- as it appears to the eye of my heart -
is a dream so fraught with difficulties,
it must be a hope worth living and dying for.

Indeed,
many of thy greatest lovers have gone to their rest
bearing with them this - one hope -
of making thy dream come true.

(Truly, their flame is our flame
for the rest of us desire what they desire.)

Your allure is that overpowering...

Your beauty, my Country,
was never taken away from me,
but always here,
waiting to be found,
passing quietly from generation to generation.
---<--@

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! God bless us all.

Fly Old Defiant:

Defy War. Defy Darkness. Defy Evil. Defy Corruption. Defy Poverty.

Prosper the Peace! Prosper the People!