Friday, March 7, 2014

Remembering Tado

People say comedians are inwardly sad, that the reason for the brilliance of their comedy is a deep and personal familiarization with tragedy. I tend to believe this. Humor often conceals difficult truths.

I always wonder now how much we've lost with the passing of Tado. I feel he was working for the genuine betterment of our people to the North of Luzon when his life was cut short. 

















I feel that he left us something to complete... 

I too feel strongly for the preservation of our indigenous tribal cultures from Batanes down to Sulu - theirs is a knowledge that is fast becoming rare in a globalizing, urbanizing planet - profitable for its ageless, proven wisdom - and am conceiving a "Council of the First Filipinos" to represent the Lumad ways of life as a force of good in the Republic. They too are citizens not unlike a city slicker like me.



Arvin "Tado" Jimenez (19740324-20140207) via con Dios.